Wednesday, June 30, 2010
1.Melaka Manipal College
1 Julai 2010, Khamis, 4.00pm – 7.00pm
2.118, Jalan Merdeka, Taman Melaka Raya
Anjuran: Persatuan Pengguna Bandaraya Bersejarah
4 Julai 2010, Ahad, 9.00am – 2.00pm
3.Tong Ann & Kim Hah Association
4 Julai 2010, Ahad, 9.00am – 1.00pm
4.Pasaraya TESCO Peringgit, Melaka
Anjuran: Pertubuhan Kebajikan Jin Xiao Fo
4 Julai 2010, Ahad, 10.30am – 3.00pm
5.Kolej Universiti Islam Melaka (KUIM)
7 Julai 2010, Rabu, 9.00am – 3.00pm
6.Kolej Universiti Islam Melaka (KUIM)
8 Julai 2010, Khamis, 9.00am – 3.00pm
7.Hospital Pantai Ayer Keroh
8 Julai 2010, Khamis, 9.00am – 4.00pm
8.TESCO Peringgit Melaka
Anjuran: Cargill Feed Sdn. Bhd
10 Julai 2010, Sabtu, 1.00pm-5.00pm
9.Buddhist Tzu Chi Bt. Berendam
11 Julai 2010, Ahad, 9.00am – 3.00pm
10.Hotel Puri Melaka
11 Julai 2010, Ahad, 12.00pm – 4.00pm
11.SOSHIN ELECTRONICS (M) Sdn. Bhd
13 Julai 2010, Selasa, 2.00pm – 4.30pm
Anjuran: Persatuan Bimbingan Ajaran Confucian Tong Xiu Tong Melaka
18 Julai 2010, Ahad, 11.00am – 4.00pm
19 Julai 2010, Isnin, 9.00am – 12.00pm
14.UiTM Alor Gajah
20 Julai 2010, Selasa, 9.00am – 4.00pm
15.UiTM Alor Gajah
21 Julai 2010, Rabu, 9.00am – 4.00pm
16.Kolej Profesional Mara Ayer Molek
22 Julai 2010, Khamis, 9.30am – 3.30pm
17.Profesional & Technical Academy Bandar Hilir
23 Julai 2010, Jumaat, 9.00am – Tamat
18.Fetta Auto Part (M) Sdn. Bhd, Bukit Rambai
24 Julai 2010, Sabtu, 11.00am – 5.00pm
19.Kem PLKN Lagenda Gunung Ledang
24 Julai 2010, Sabtu, 9.00am – 12.30pm
20.Petronas Jalan Panglima Awang (Berhadapan Jaya Jusco Baru)
Anjuran: Petronas Dagangan Berhad
24 Julai 2010, Sabtu, 8.30am – 2.30pm
25.Pasaraya TESCO Peringgit
Anjuran: APEX Club
25 Julai 2010, Ahad, 11.30am – 5.00pm
26.SRJK (C) Bachang (Lorong Pandan)
Anjuran: Batang Hash House Harriers
26 Julai 2010, Isnin, 4.30pm – Tamat
27.Kumpulan Wang Simpanan Pekerja (KWSP)
29 Julai 2010, Khamis, 9.00am - Tamat
Tuesday, June 29, 2010
Friday, June 25, 2010
Parking for blood donors in Hospital Melaka
Saturday, June 19, 2010
Friday, June 18, 2010
Thursday, June 17, 2010
Before Your Donation
* Blood Donation Tip - Eat Healthy Maintain a healthy iron level in your diet by eating iron rich foods, such as spinach, red meat, fish, poultry, beans, iron-fortified cereals and raisins.
* Get a good night's sleep.
* Drink an extra water and fluids before the donation.
* Eat a healthy meal before your donation.
* If you are a platelet donor, remember that your system must be free of aspirin for two days prior to donation.
* Remember to bring your donor card, driver's license or two other forms of ID.
During Your Donation
* Wear clothing with sleeves that can be raised above the elbow.
* Let the nurse know if you have a preferred arm and show the staff any good veins that have been used successfully in the past to draw blood.
* Relax, listen to music, talk to other donors or read during the donation process.
* Take the time to enjoy a snack and a drink in the refreshments area immediately after donating.
After Your Donation
* Drink plenty of fluids to replenish any fluids you lost during donation.
* Avoid strenuous physical activity or heavy lifting for about six hours after donation.
* If you feel light headed, lie down, preferably with feet elevated, until the feeling passes.
* In rare cases when bleeding occurs after removing the bandage, apply pressure to the site and raise your arm for 3-5 minutes. If bleeding or bruising occurs under the skin, apply a cold pack to the area periodically during the first 24 hours.
* Enjoy the good feeling that comes with knowing that you may have saved as many as three lives.
Wednesday, June 16, 2010
Saturday, June 5, 2010
Friday, June 4, 2010
WHO chose 14 June as the day to recognize the millions of people who save lives and improve the health of others by donating blood. The Day highlights the need to regularly give blood to prevent shortages in hospitals and clinics, particularly in developing countries where quantities are very limited. Out of the 80 countries with low blood donation rates (fewer than 10 donations per thousand people), 79 are developing nations.
The annual event focuses on motivating more people to become blood donors. It demonstrates how health systems and policy-makers work to make blood transfusions safe and accessible to people worldwide. The focus of World Blood Donor Day 2010 will be on young donors, with the slogan: “New blood for the world”. Young people can make an important contribution by donating blood and by recruiting other young people to become donors.
The 2010 global event will take place in Barcelona, Spain. It will be hosted by the Spanish and Catalonian Health Care Authorities, the Spanish and Catalonian donor associations and the Spanish Red Cross.
Related links- World Blood Donor Day site
- Q&A: why should I donate blood?
- WHO programme on blood transfusion safety